1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flight 93 National Memorial Revisited.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by adampaul1964, Oct 16, 2011.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/f17758/flight-93-memorial-pa-28450/

T
    ook another trip to the Flight 93 Memorial today, in order to visit the permanent memorial which just opened this year. I posted the link to the thread I made 2 years ago documenting our last visit to the temporary memorial. I found the new memorial very tasteful in it's design and execution, a very fitting tribute to the Heroes of that day. There are still features yet to be completed and we will definitely visit the site again when complete.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

A very fitting tribute to those who gave their lives to save so many others on that awful day. Question, what is the 5th photograph of? Is it a memorial of some sort?
  3. adampaul1964

That picture is of the actual crash site, the boulder denotes the point of impact, it is sitting on the very spot where the crater was created at after impact. It is also the burial site for some of the victims. A funeral service was held for the families the day after the dedication this past September. It is also seen in the next picture which is taken through the ceremonial gate, this view is on the same line as the flight path which the memorial wall also parallels.
  4. adampaul1964

Thought this would have generated more interest....
  5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The memorial will look even better once it's all finished. Let us never forget September 11th, 2001 and the courage of those men & women on Flight 93. Their heroism saved many lives that day.
  6. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member 100 Posts

Great pics Adam, 10 years later and I still get chills just looking at the pics knowing that was where it ended.