1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

flip kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by tjs, Jan 31, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. tjs

tjs New Member

i am a new chevy man had jeeps for a while but i have an 08 chevy ls where the rear end sits higher than the front and want to level it out with a flip kit will i have to change anything in the front or has anyone did one and know anything good about it like i say i am new at lowering things??? help please

2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

are you lookin to lower the rear to level it? or raise the front to level it

3. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm not sure what a flip kit is but if you are looking to do what most people do you want a leveling kit. It raises the front end about 2.5". The kits run about 200 - 300 bucks. You'll need to have the front end realigned and you should replace the front shocks as the existing arms aren't long enogh for a 2.5" front lift. If you keep the existing shocks you might damage parts of the front end if one of the arms breaks.

4. tjs

tjs New Member

i was looking to lower the rear for something different flip kit puts the springs under the axel instead of on top didnt know if that would lower it enough or not

5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

to make it a spring under in the rear would drop the rear probably around 4 inches. also, you would have to do some custom work and cut off the spring perches from on top of the axle very carefully and reweld them onto the bottom, or buy new spring perches and weld them on. I bet you can find an aftermarket shackle for the rear that is shorter than the stock one to drop it an inch or two

6. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

7. tjs

tjs New Member

wow i feel really stupid now i thought someone should have made those and couldnt find them that is exactly what i was wanting thanks

8. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

I knew what you were talking about when you said flipping, We did that to a buddies ranger 10 years ago they have a lot better ways of doing thing nowadays...lol

9. tjs

tjs New Member

yea they do thanks

10. tjs

tjs New Member

one last question about this will the shackle drop mess with my exhaust i have duals out the sides??