- Flooding - Water kind not petrol

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Dr_Zero, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

They are telling us the Suwanee river is about to flood near us and some of the others have already. They are closing US 90 due to flooding and shifting traffic over to I-10 BUT tomorrow they say they will have to close I-10 due to flooding.

I'm not in any danger where I'm I have to travel these routes and its looking kinda hairy.

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like now is the time to start thinking about putting a snorkel on both the Suburban and Yukon..?... :)

Good luck with the drives - hopefully it's not too bad of a detour for you.

3. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Well depending it might mean that where I need to go will be totally cut off so Im watching it.

You know I have thought about the snorkel! I think one for the exhaust would probably be the one I would need first the suburbans are setting pretty high up as far as the air inlet goes.

I think I could drive through some standing water the issue would be not letting the truck float so it got pushed off of the road.

My roads are not paved and there are some ruts on the one side and I mean 8-12 inch wide and just as deep. During the storms the other day we had water about 6-8 inches at the front steps little frogs were swimming up looking for high ground there LOL but with a hour or so the water was gone into the soil.

We have caverns under our area with a river and the water flows away from us so we dont have to worry with well contamination like some folks down the way.

The radio said some of the cattle is stranded and they are airlifting feed to them that is something I want to see! :gasp:

If I can get out that way I will get some pics.

4. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

wow i didn't know there were any floods going on right now. that sucks.

5. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts