1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Floor mats and rear seat storage

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mikester, Dec 24, 2011.

1. mikester

mikester Member

How many of you folks have the under seat storage box for late model crew cabs ? Are any brands better than others ? Same question for liner type mats. Ive used Husky for all my previous trucks but the classic style is a full mat that goes under the rear seat instead of just in front of it and Im not sure if thats going to work for me.
  2. mkballance

mkballance New Member

My sons just gave me the WeatherTech floor mats for my 2010 Sliverado Extended cab. The rear mats are three times larger than the factory mats. I wanted them as I have worn a hole in my factory mat after only 35K miles. I haven't put them in, so I'll know more tomorrow.
    Kent
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

For the Under Rear Seat Storage Unit.......DU-HA makes a Color Matching....Form Fitting Unit,

Link to
    DU-HA Storage Unit,
    http://www.du-ha.com/chevy_heavyduty_crew.html
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  4. MPclk2006

MPclk2006 Rockstar

thanks for the link, I would love that storage unit but I have two car seats in the back that prevent me from using any of the underseat space LOL...
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Mike is that the storage unit you have?
    Hows the color, fit, and finish?
    I bought an off brand that I dont like so I'm gonna return it if possible or sell it, I'm looking for a good replacement.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a Du-Ha kit under my rear seat and I love mine. Photos (and comments for some) of the seat hinge lock (sold separately) and the Du-Ha can be found in my album, here: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/album.php?albumid=18156&page=2

Surreal
  7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Tim.....Merry Christmas and to your question Yes......its the Storage unit I have in my truck.....the Fit-n-Finish is Excellent and as is Color-Matching to the rest of the Interior, and just as Surrealone has mentioned, I also just love having this unit,

Sorry but Here's the only picture I have of this unit, and its the same unit as Surrealone has posted above,
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  8. mikester

mikester Member

I was looking at the box GM sells and also the one made by Husky. Anyone using those ? And anymore input on mats ?
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Thanks Mike same to you and your family, interior looks good, that match's well.

My new truck came with the GM work package and the floor mats included are great, deep grooves that trap everything.
    The GM storage is nice I've looked at it on a few trucks, my only problem with it is the cost, it's about $50 more than the one Mike posted.
    $50 doesnt sound like a lot but when your as much of a cheap basterd as I am it's like sticking a knife in my heart to get me to part with the extra money.

Thanks Tim.....I would also Mentioned, this is One Very Strong Unit....being Constructed from Heavy Duty Polyethylene and last comes with a Lifetime Warranty,

Here's a couple more pictures, again not the best, With my Katzkin Interior, to give you another view, on How Well it matches up,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit:.....Tim I don't know what happen here with my reply, showing up on your reply.....Sorry.....
    :neutral:
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2011
  10. rmck490

rmck490 New Member

I'm in the same boat, but, I have the duha and it works for me. Rarely do I need to remove the car seats and access the storage space. Having the underseat storage keeps things organized and less clutter in the cab.