1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

floorboard for toolbox

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by reggiecab2000, Apr 18, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

ill go ahead and mention [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] for the idea....

heres my neat little modification to my toolbox for some better storage to keep stuff from sliding around.

my toolbox before...

IMG_2544 (640x480).jpg

i cut up some 3/4" MDF...

IMG_2529 (640x480).jpg

sprayed it with rustoleum "bed liner" spray...

IMG_2543 (640x480).jpg

IMG_2537 (640x480).jpg

and heres the finished project...

IMG_2545 (640x480).jpg

bungee cords will hold my bottle jack firmly against the floor between the handles, and everything else is kinda stacked around it...

IMG_2546 (640x480).jpg

just a neat way to hold stuff to keep from sliding around...

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

seems to me you could just spray the bottom of the box and not lose the 3/4 inch of height.

a few of the things in my toolbox just barely fit.

Alex

3. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

yeah could have but reason being, didnt want to drill into my toolbox... thats what the wood is for, i would have used something thinner, had i not had an overwhelming amount of extra 3/4" MDF...

4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

My old truck box looked nothing like this. It was kind of like the kitchen junk drawer. Only I knew (or thought I knew) where everything was. I have seen SurrealOne's and it is well planned out.

5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I need to do something like this. but I'm bout to add a side box to my truck cause my tool chest is full. Ill have to do this when I pull everything out and reorganize

6. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

great idea.......probably will keep thing a lot tidier as well......