flowmaster 40 series silverado 4.8

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by soyrigoberto, Feb 24, 2011.

1. soyrigoberto

soyrigoberto New Member

So i dont know too much about exhaust and mufflers and all that crap, so hope ya can help me out. What else do i need if Iam interested in changing that stock muffler and putting a 40 series and keeping everything the same and stock.
    Any muffler shop should weld it on right?

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Midas or Meinike is an authorized flowmaster dealer, they can just swap out mufflers for you. Also to save on cost you could get a knockoff flowmaster muffler, gonna save you some money, you could also go to a reputable exhaust shop and they can give you more options for different budgets. I had a magnaflow and hated it, it rotted off in 2 years and had horrible resonance, so I had it replaced with a flo-pro muffler and way better sound in my opinion, will be going with one on my pickup this spring

3. jordanr1987

jordanr1987 Rockstar

i got a flowmaster 40 in my 4.8

cost me over $200 with labour and the muffler and i also got a bigger chrome tip
    muffler is pretty straightforward swap but if you want a tip depending on length they had to cut mine off and angle it back a bit more so its not a 90 degree bend and more of an angle

4. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Consider the Super 44 Flowmaster , thats what I had on my 2007 4.8L and it sounded great - Deep low rumble ,no splatter. I have a 2003 5.3L now that I bought with a 40 series already on it , same setup as my other and the Super 44 sounds much better. Youtube - BamaZ71 to see it -remember it always sounds better in person:glasses:

5. mhypertext

mhypertext Member

Honestly i prefer Off brand mufflers I hear flowmasters everyday everyone has them and they all sound the same

6. emazingli

emazingli New Member

I think that the exhaust that you will be needing is the flowmaster 50 series. It will depend in your budget how you come up with nice exhaust system. :D