Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Flowmaster 40 series

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by BlackedOut010, Apr 18, 2011.

1. BlackedOut010

BlackedOut010 New Member

Wasnt quite sure what category to put this in but figured id get the most feedback here. I drive a 2010 Silverado 5.3L. Im looking at ordering a flowmaster 40 series muffler but not quite sure what size inlet i need to order. Any help here?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Probably ought to climb under the truck and take a few measurements.....

3. Adam

Adam New Member

You should have 2.5 inch stock exhaust and would need the inlet to accomodate that. I would recommend welding the muffler versus clamps. Thats just my personal opinion from my experience. If you are planning to have duals make sure that you get the muffler that has dual exits. You will like the new sound. I have the 40 series flowmasters on mine and it sounds nasty! I went with the true duals though. Good Luck

4. karz4life87

karz4life87 Rockstar

Your more than likely looking at a 2.5" inlet and outlet. I would just take the truck to a local muffler shop and have them get the size for it.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Flowmasters website recommends part # 953047. Its a 40 series with 3" inlet/outlet.

6. Wage92

Wage92 New Member

is the exhaust currently on it stock?

7. Tj07classic

Tj07classic New Member

buddy of mine has and 08 and he had 3" in and 2 3/4" out fit was perfect.

8. BlackedOut010

BlackedOut010 New Member

yes, the exhaust is currently stock. thanks for the info guys. within the next couple of weeks i should have a few more things done. ill be sure and post pictures....

9. foleyonbass

foleyonbass New Member

Just thought id mention...i have a 2011 5.3 silverado my inlet is 2.75 '' and my outlet is 2.75 ''. I just ordered a magnaflow my self 3'' in and out. let me know what you did to convert the 2.75 to 3 inch for your flowmaster.

10. drillbit26

drillbit26 Rockstar 100 Posts

do all you people changing your exhaust have tuners or are you just doing it and dealing with the AFM issue. just curious cause I really miss having a loud truck