1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flowmaster 44 part number?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by richeym1, Sep 19, 2010.

1. richeym1

richeym1 New Member

Ive searched a million threads and cant really determine what muffler I would need to replace the stock one. Im not really sure what size inlet and outlet, is it a center in and out or offset will work? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance guys.
  2. hundojoe

hundojoe Rockstar 100 Posts

I thinks this is what your looking for, its taken directly from the Flowmaster web site. Hope this helps, Good Luck.
    Flowmaster part # 9430452
    Super 44 3.00" IN(C) /2.50" OUT(D)
    Super 44 Muffler 3.00" IN (C) / Dual 2.50" OUT 4" x 9.75" x 13" Case
    $87.22
  3. coreyallen11

coreyallen11 Rockstar

If its the same one i put on my 2004 your going to have a hell of a time routing that thing past the shock one of the tail pipes runs right into it and the the rear axle mounts hit also. its do able but u need to force it to work...
  4. djturnz

djturnz Member

As I recall, the Flowmaster 44 is a "toned down" version of the 40 series. You can still get the 40 series mufflers on ebay for $50 or so.
  5. richeym1

richeym1 New Member

Thanks for the responce but Im looking for a single in single out to replace the stock muffler but adding a new flowmaster and a longer peice of pipe. Anyone know what to buy before I go ordering stuff I dont need?