1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flowmaster exhaust

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by Dctackett10, Mar 21, 2014.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Dctackett10

Dctackett10 New Member

Alright guys, I'm wanting to get a set of flowmasters put on my truck but confused on what size to get,

what at would be the best to get 2inch in out out?
    also can I get 2 mufflers put on? Would it sound better with 2?
  2. stackrat

stackrat New Member

Just saw this thread. How did you make out?

I had a flowmaster on my '04 with dual outs (one on each side). Getting the one pipe out the driver's side was a PITA. Took the guy over an hour to get it right (snaked it in front of the spare tire).

I had a Flowmaster 40 (I think). I'll tell you what NOT to do. Don't go with the Delta 40 and don't upsize the pipes. Resonance at about 70 mph was horrendous - like your teeth were going to rattle out of your jaw. I replaced the Delta 40 with the regular 40 and it was tolerable. Significant low-end torque loss from upsizing the pipes - that was a big mistake. Sounded great at idle, though.

I'm told the 50 is much better for that engine.

When that one needed replacing, I went with a Magnaflow. Nowhere near as aggressive sounding and only one outlet pipe, but since I'm back living in the suburbs, it made sense.
  3. BornAgainBiker55

BornAgainBiker55 Member 100 Posts

I put a Flowmaster 40 on a 350-V8 with the 2" through... it's on a 1955 Chevy. My dad loved it but I could barely hear the radio over the exhaust note. I actually swapped the exhaust on mine to a Magnaflow as well, for similar reasons as above. I left the 2" in and the 1.5" out as stock for my truck. Specifically I did that because I was worried about not having enough back-pressure after some issues cropped up with a friend's 2" through on his GMT-800 Silverado. The muffler guy mentioned I would barely hear a difference between the two but was of the opinion that it's engineered a specific way, why would you change it without a reason and understanding of all it affects. Just my thoughts on the matter...