1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flowmaster, Magnaflow, or Borla?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by DSKMAN, Jan 15, 2012.

1. DSKMAN

DSKMAN New Member

i really want a performance exhaust system that will sound deep and aggressive. Like a low rumble and i want it to last long i know kinda what flowmasters sound like cuz my friends have them but im not sure what to get. Which one? my truck is a 2002 Chevy Silverado 5.3L V8
  2. billnorman

billnorman Member

I do not have duals on my 2007 5.3 but I do on my 1965 4.3. What I surely would recommend is riding with someone that has duals and see if it pleases you and if you are prepared to hear that noise all day when you are driving. I presume you are talking about true duals not just dual tailpipes. If you have 2 cats you are probably talking true duals. I cannot speak from the voice of true experience but on F**ds, they make a nasty racket unless they have an H pipe crossover. I used two fairly stock mufflers on my '85 it sounds good. You will probably lose about 60+ pounds when you dump the stock muffler.
  3. Corso

Corso New Member

Borla is not only the best quality out of the 3 you mentioned, but will also have the deepest tone. Borla makes great exhaust systems.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

And require you to have the deepest pockets.
  5. Corso

Corso New Member

You get what you pay for.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Often you pay more than what you get is worth. On occasion you actually get more than you paid for ... aka a 'good deal'. To blindly assume and/or preach that you always get what you pay for is, well, unwise.
  7. Corso

Corso New Member

In this instance there is no blind assumption. Borla will cost you more than the other two, and in return you will receive a product of better quality. Factual on all accounts.
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

[MENTION=52605]Corso[/MENTION]- I am with you. I have owned a Borla exhaust on a Jeep I used to have. I had it on there for 3 years up in North Eastern Pa and it still looked new even after all the salt got at it. Their systems are made from heavy gauge stainless so they will out last most other exhaust systems.
  9. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts

I had 2 different exhaust catback systems on my Corvette. One was a cheaper system I bought on EBay that was a Nexen. It came in multiple pieces and had low quality clamps. The system sounded great but I had to buy new clamps and I had to constantly adjust and retighten all the clamps. I finally got sick of it and purchased a Borla system. Borla has the highest quality products I have seen. I would recommend anything they make. When it comes to this situation, you do get what you pay for!!!
  10. DSKMAN

DSKMAN New Member

Yeah i have heard that Borla makes great systems but they are kinda pricey about 300 dollars more than the flowmaster i would get but i believe i have two cats but it goes in to a y pipe and is a single in single out muffler i was just looking at the fake duals from the flange back