1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flowmaster or Magnaflow

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Whitey79, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Whitey79

Whitey79 New Member

im planning on buying this new 07 1500 z71, i wanna know what everyone's opinions for exhaust were, Magnaflow or Flowmaster, and out of those what are the loudest and best sounding as far as the specific series' they have, i have a flowmaster 40 series on the truck i have now and i think it sounds good but i want something louder for the new truck
  2. bby366

bby366 New Member

I have an '08 2500HD,6.0,6spd.Iput a 70 series single on mine.It came with 3.5'' exhaust I think 40's are the loudest Flo-Masters.For loud go with Cherry Bombs.
  3. Whitey79

Whitey79 New Member

ya i thought the 40's were the loudest, i think i might stay with those, cherry bombs would sound good, but they are loud always, with the mufflers they are only loud like past 3k rpms not all the time, as far as like keeping it quiet around douche bag cops
  4. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

5. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member

Flowmaster for loudness. Magnaflow for performance. I have a dynomax race bullet on mine. I haven't had time to make a video yet. It's really loud, but once it gets to a certain RPM it quiets down. It was only $53 from summit racing. It's louder then most of the flowmasters I've heard.
  6. Whitey79

Whitey79 New Member

hows the dynomax as far as performance? i think i paid 40 bucks for the flowmaster i got, it was only a 1 in 1 out tho
  7. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member

I haven't really paid that much attention to the performance, but its a straight through design. Its a 1 in 1 out which will give you better sound and performance. Its called the Dynomax Race Bullet. Its a total of 16 inches long. The actual muffler is 12 inches with 2 inches of piping on each side. I used to have a magnaflow, but it was to quiet for me.
  8. chschevy58

chschevy58 New Member

ENJOY! my 07 with a flowmaster 40 series

[​IMG]
  9. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member 1000 Posts

i used to have the original 40 series flowmaster. i changed it to the super 10 series. in the cabin the super 10 is not as loud when it's just at idle versus the 40 series. but when i floor it, you definitely hear the difference. you should look into the super 10's
  10. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member

Flowmaster is definitaly better than magnaflow. They generally have a deeper, throatier sound.