Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

flowmaster super 44

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by z7177, Apr 8, 2009.

1. z7177

z7177 New Member

Heys guys i want to run a super 44 muffler but idk wheather to run a true duel cat back system H with each pipe having an idvidual muffler or a Y with 3in pipe in a 2 out. I was just wondering what yall would suggest.

Thanks

2. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

my truck has 3" in and two 2.5" out. i'm very content with it.

3. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Single in, dual out and no bigger than 2.5" is my suggestion.

4. 04blackz71

04blackz71 Rockstar 100 Posts

i have the 44 and its single in and duel out 2.5

5. jailbird441999

jailbird441999 New Member

Just replaced my whole system. i put a maganflow with a 3 in and super 44 3in in and out. love the sounds think i got a little hp out of the deal too.

6. z7177

z7177 New Member

alright thanks for the help

7. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Nothing bigger then 2.5 after the muffler for duals, depending on your truck you could actually lose power if it doesnt have enough back pressure, I would just stick with single in/dual out.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Member

I have the single in dual out 2.5" super 44. It's the loudest thing I've heard with stock pipes. I'm a freak for the raw horsepower sound. After you install one of these, if it is not loud enough start looking at headers, high flow cats etc. I have a magnaflow muffler I bought from Thunderracing for 75 bucks that I'm trying to sell for 50 bucks. Had it on my truck for 2 days. Just in case you're looking at magnaflow.
    Hope this helps.