Fluids for truck

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by BIGREDDADDY53, Dec 15, 2011.

1. BIGREDDADDY53

BIGREDDADDY53 Rockstar 100 Posts

When it comes to all the fluids ( Tran's , rear end trans axle, rad,) should it go to good wrench ?
    Thanks

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Not sure what this question is. Can you be more specific [MENTION=39914]BIGREDDADDY53[/MENTION] ??

3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I would not go to the stealership. They are only going to stock whatever was the cheapest thing when they ordered.

4. BIGREDDADDY53

Thanks I was thinking that the dealership would be more money. I called a local trans shop and they said $200 for a complete flush and filter change, does that sound fair?

5. aloxdaddy99

That doesn't sound to bad. Since it is a full flush and not just drain the pan and change the filter.

6. BIGREDDADDY53

THANKS FOR THE INPUT, i HAVE HAD A FEW ROUGH DAYS AS MY 3 YEAR OLD SON HAS CANCER AND HAS BEEN DOING CHEMO FOR THREE MONTHS AND THINGS HAVE BEEN TIGHT MONEY WISE. i HAVE TO KEEP THE TRUCK RUNNING AS i NEVER KNOW WHEN WE WILL HAVE TO MAKE THE 1 1/2 HOUR TRIP TO THE CHILDREN'S hospital. but i HAVE TO KEEP THAT TRUCK RUNNING SO i CAN MAKE THE TRIPS. thanks TO ALL YOU GUYS FOR YOU INPUT i WILL GO WITH THE FULL FLUSH AS SO AS THINGS ALLOW .....tHANK'S eRIC tHOMAS

7. aloxdaddy99

No worries Eric. Sorry to hear about your son. I will keep him and your family in my prayers.

8. BIGREDDADDY53

Thank's for the prayers.......Eric