1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fluids for truck

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by BIGREDDADDY53, Dec 15, 2011.

1. BIGREDDADDY53

BIGREDDADDY53 Rockstar 100 Posts

When it comes to all the fluids ( Tran's , rear end trans axle, rad,) should it go to good wrench ?
    Thanks
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Not sure what this question is. Can you be more specific [MENTION=39914]BIGREDDADDY53[/MENTION] ??
  3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I would not go to the stealership. They are only going to stock whatever was the cheapest thing when they ordered.
  4. BIGREDDADDY53

Thanks I was thinking that the dealership would be more money. I called a local trans shop and they said $200 for a complete flush and filter change, does that sound fair?
  5. aloxdaddy99

That doesn't sound to bad. Since it is a full flush and not just drain the pan and change the filter.
  6. BIGREDDADDY53

THANKS FOR THE INPUT, i HAVE HAD A FEW ROUGH DAYS AS MY 3 YEAR OLD SON HAS CANCER AND HAS BEEN DOING CHEMO FOR THREE MONTHS AND THINGS HAVE BEEN TIGHT MONEY WISE. i HAVE TO KEEP THE TRUCK RUNNING AS i NEVER KNOW WHEN WE WILL HAVE TO MAKE THE 1 1/2 HOUR TRIP TO THE CHILDREN'S hospital. but i HAVE TO KEEP THAT TRUCK RUNNING SO i CAN MAKE THE TRIPS. thanks TO ALL YOU GUYS FOR YOU INPUT i WILL GO WITH THE FULL FLUSH AS SO AS THINGS ALLOW .....tHANK'S eRIC tHOMAS
  7. aloxdaddy99

No worries Eric. Sorry to hear about your son. I will keep him and your family in my prayers.
  8. BIGREDDADDY53

Thank's for the prayers.......Eric