1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flywheel?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Santoy956, May 31, 2011.

1. Santoy956

Santoy956 New Member

Ok. so i got up in the morning to go to work and when i started my truck it sounded like the flywheel was loose. but i was wondering if you would be able to hear it while you were driving? Havent had time to check it so any help is appreciated. thanks. :neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:
  2. grumpy old man

grumpy old man New Member

What makes you think the flywheel is loose? some kind of noise, if so try to describe it. Normally if the flywheel is loose or cracked it will rattle in neutral but as soon as you put a load against it it will stop. If you are hearig a noise while driving it is unlikely a flywheel problem unless you ran over something and bent something and the flywheel is rubbing against it.