1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fog Lamps for Silverado 1500 Work Truck

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by kayzen, Jun 20, 2012.

1. kayzen

kayzen New Member

Can someone guide me as how to install a Fog lamp to my Silverado Work Truck, its does not come with a Fog lamp assembly. I found one on ebay for $169.00 which includes the bumper cover, fog lamps and the fornt bumper (not the complete bumper) I am trying to understand how to connect it in the rear and also do i need a relay to go on my fuse box and how can i turn of on from my dash?

So if someone can help that would be awesome.!!
  2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

you might be lucky and find out that your truck may already be prewired for fog lights... hope for that
    but if not the wiring itself is not entirely too difficult and its your choice as to whci way you want to wire it..
    i.e.
    either just a separate switch you can put anywhere, or run it through the fuse box (factorylike) and buy the oem switch from the dealership or gmparts or the like...
  3. kayzen

kayzen New Member

I actually found the bumpers and got them painted for pennies! and found out that it has a Fog lamp connecter So no headache!! Thanks for the reply!
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

glad to hear that! sounds like an easy job.
    if you can, post some pics of your process and im sure youll help others in the future :)
  5. jinsei

jinsei New Member

Good for you on being able to do the project. And I also think that you got a good value on your purchased set. I checked locally and see that some of the offers cost around $200.

Yup, kindly share the photos so I can see if it may also work on my Silverado.