fog light housing

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by amos65, Oct 31, 2011.

1. amos65

amos65 New Member

The fog light housing is broke and I have no idea how to replace it. I found a 2003 on Utube but that isn't even close to looking the same.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the Site.....in order for us(Members)to help and/or give you advice, it sure would help knowing what Year Your Truck is and which side Fog Light do you need to Replace/Fix???

3. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

A little more information would be very helpful. Welcome to the forum

4. amos65

amos65 New Member

oops !!
    GMC 2005 2500HD

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Below is from LMC Trucks.......which carries the Fog lights for the Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks, the Fog Light for your 05" Sierra is at the Top Right of the picture......To Remove and Replace the Fog light, they are just held on with 2 Bolts, also make sure to Dis-Connect the Wiring......
    [​IMG]

6. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the club.........look for Mike's excellent reply with schematics....he is always very helpful !!!:glasses:

7. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Dang, Mike is all over it. Nice job Mike.

8. amos65

amos65 New Member

It's the light on the right side. Similar to Denali above.

With mine the assembly with the light is like a ball. It fits the back piece which is bolted to the truck. The problem is to replace the back piece.. I haven't had time to crawl under it again to check. Snow is coming!!!!!!!!!!

9. 99'HEARTBEAT

So the Fog light you have is the one in the 3rd picture down on the Right hand side of the picture above and your looking to replace the Mounting Bracket itself??......

10. amos65

amos65 New Member

Yup it is.