Fog Light Kit?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Annihilator, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Annihilator

Annihilator New Member

Hi guys, I'm new here and a proud owner of an '00 Silverado Z71. I was looking into installing fog lights as my truck doesn't have em. I was looking for a oem kit. How hard is this to do? Anyone have any input? Thanks!

2. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you! I am lucky, mine came with them. I'm not sure about a kit, but i think there might be one. I hope someone here has the answer for you soon. Good Luck!

3. Annihilator

Annihilator New Member

Anyone? I heard there was a GM kit but am unsure.

4. xjoedx

xjoedx New Member

I am looking into the same thing for my 02. I contacted my local dealer's parts division and they said since mine didn't come with it originally, that I would have to buy the whole foglight accessory package so I could get the wire harness, fog light assemblies, oem swith in the cab, etc for a grand total of $270 plus install if I didn't want to do it myself. They also said the body control module would have to be reprogrammed, which they could only do. Then, I found on amazon the oem switch from an ac-delco wholesaler for $30 and a company near me that sold the whole oem accessory kit for 160 plus 40 for the bulbs i wanted and that included install, saving me about $200+ that I would have had to pay the dealership for install. They said that the computer would not have to be reprogrammed if I just wanted them to be controlled by the switch and have no auto on capabilities, which I am fine with. The only reason I will buy the switch off amazon is because the people I am getting the kit from only have a generic switch and I wanted it to look as oem as possible in the cab, but thats my personal preference. So now all I have to do is wait for my next paycheck and I will have my foglights. The main reason that I didn't do the install myself is because I have NEVER had any luck with wiring and electrical in my truck and I didn't want to risk it this time.