Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Fog Light Kit?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Annihilator, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Annihilator

Annihilator New Member

Hi guys, I'm new here and a proud owner of an '00 Silverado Z71. I was looking into installing fog lights as my truck doesn't have em. I was looking for a oem kit. How hard is this to do? Anyone have any input? Thanks!

2. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Glad to have you! I am lucky, mine came with them. I'm not sure about a kit, but i think there might be one. I hope someone here has the answer for you soon. Good Luck!

3. Annihilator

Annihilator New Member

Anyone? I heard there was a GM kit but am unsure.

4. xjoedx

xjoedx New Member

I am looking into the same thing for my 02. I contacted my local dealer's parts division and they said since mine didn't come with it originally, that I would have to buy the whole foglight accessory package so I could get the wire harness, fog light assemblies, oem swith in the cab, etc for a grand total of $270 plus install if I didn't want to do it myself. They also said the body control module would have to be reprogrammed, which they could only do. Then, I found on amazon the oem switch from an ac-delco wholesaler for $30 and a company near me that sold the whole oem accessory kit for 160 plus 40 for the bulbs i wanted and that included install, saving me about $200+ that I would have had to pay the dealership for install. They said that the computer would not have to be reprogrammed if I just wanted them to be controlled by the switch and have no auto on capabilities, which I am fine with. The only reason I will buy the switch off amazon is because the people I am getting the kit from only have a generic switch and I wanted it to look as oem as possible in the cab, but thats my personal preference. So now all I have to do is wait for my next paycheck and I will have my foglights. The main reason that I didn't do the install myself is because I have NEVER had any luck with wiring and electrical in my truck and I didn't want to risk it this time.