1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fog light mod.

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by JayDawg, Mar 7, 2014.

1. JayDawg

JayDawg New Member

Hey all, I just bought a 2011 Silverado 1500 Z71 4X4 Crew Cab last night. The thing is fully loaded and I totally love it. I traded in my 2007 Toyota Tacoma on it but the one thing I really liked about my Tacoma was that I had the fog light mod done to it that allows me to have the fog lights on whenever I want them to be on. With high beams, low beams or even the headlights off. How do I do the same mod on my Silverado?
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am sure that some companies sell a relay kit to do that, check summit. For the 00-2006 trucks it was as simple as installing a diode from the high beam relay trigger to the low beam trigger and then across to the fog trigger. I am not sure that it will work on the new trucks.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts