1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fog Light

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 1S1K, Nov 11, 2009.

1. 1S1K

1S1K Rockstar 100 Posts

Opps!

So i was checking out what the 5202 buls looked like a while ago. I now have gotten water or condinsation inside the fog light.

I was able to remove the bulb and the fog light housing from the truck. any good ways of removing the condensation from the housing.... i have a hairdryer on cool right now and seems to be working slow...

they are funny little bulbs. any good replacement bulbs yet? putco? ion yellow i'm thinking besides the led ones for 75 bucks ouch...
  2. Padre

Padre Rockstar

You can put some rice and calcium chloride (salt) in a nylon stocking toe and put it in the housing, this should draw out any residual water that is in there. Make sure you tie off the stocking really good though, otherwise you'll have quite a mess on your hands.

The LED bulbs will last you a lot longer and they run very cool.