1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fog lights ~ New Chevys are they pre-wired?

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by prheaume, Mar 5, 2013.

1. prheaume

prheaume New Member

Hi guys!

Are you aware if Chevy's are pre-wired for options? On my last car (Nissan) I did not have the option for fog lights but the wires for the fog lights were there so I just hookep up fog lights replacement found on an body auto parts and plus them.

Do you know if it's the same for Chevrolet? I asked the dealer and the answer was: Sorry I don't know

thanks

Pascal
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Pascal.......it depends on what Year and Model Vehicle you have??

3. prheaume

prheaume New Member

sorry ! I mentionned it on other post but forgot on this one, my bad!!

07 Chevy Equinox LS
  4. Salival462

Salival462 New Member

I am wondering the same thing on my 2011 sierra 1500. It didnt come with fog lights but I would like to add them. I didn't know if it was prewired or not.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Even if not totally prewired adding the factor options should not be hard. You will need to buy replacement fog lamps and then find the appropriate factory switch on amazon or ebay. Also you will need to find the relay and other parts. You can ask your local dealer if there is prewiring for the option.