fog lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by coombia21, Aug 23, 2009.

1. coombia21

coombia21 Rockstar 100 Posts

my truck came with no fog lights and i need fogs for what i use the truck for and i dont want to spend 450 to have the dealer install the gm brand ones so what do you recommend i use and where should i mount them on the truck

2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Have you looked into a factory set off of ebay? Install them yourself and save a few bucks. IMO

3. Tdaz250

Tdaz250 Rockstar 100 Posts

Dont you have to have the factory flash something when you get OEM fog lights? At least thats what I've heard. Im interested in this too because i dont have fog lights and i want to add some.

4. coombia21

i am going to try and get some aftermarket ones because i cant have the fogs mounted so low on my truck because i will plow with it and where i deer hunt we break those fogs when they are mounted that low on the truck due to stumps and low hanging branches

5. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

get some off ebay, and do your own switch kit, is the easiest way, and cheapest, with no re-flash

6. coombia21

i am not wanting ones that go into the factory location i am going to bolt them to the front bumper unless i get a grille guard and i will mount them on there so i would like to know what brand is brightest and will last long

7. Tdaz250

Is there a way to use aftermarket fog lights with a factory switch? I just want it to look nice and not just have some random switch in the slot.

8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Factory Switch

On my last truck (05' Silverado), I tried to use the factory fog light switch for my halo's in my headlights and it burned up the switch in about a day. That switch isn't rated for more than 5 amps I think, just my experience so I'm sure I'm wrong. :neutral:

9. Mattdtrue

Mattdtrue Rockstar 100 Posts

10. Tdaz250

Mattdtrue which ones do you use? the link sent me to just a list of PIAA lights, not a certain light :neutral: