1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Folding side mirrors?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by drumrob, Apr 14, 2009.

1. drumrob

drumrob New Member

I have seen side mirrors that that face down when you put the car in reverse so you can see how close you are to the curb. has anybody seen any after market side mirrors that do that? Or have you seen mirrors that fold inward so people don't hit them when driving in narrow roads. I am interested in putting both of these on my truck and was wondering if they sell them for gm trucks or if its something custom.
  2. pacheco

pacheco New Member

that's one option i wish i had.it comes on my truck but didn't get.it shouldn't be to hard to install using factory mirrors.
  3. drumrob

drumrob New Member

So GM does have that option?
  4. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

The mirrors on my '04 do "all the above". You can set up the "reverse setting" by using the steering wheel controls (on 2004 models) and to fold the mirrors for garage entry you make sure the control for the mirrors is in the middle positon, then press on the center right of the control pad. To unfold them press on the left side of the control pad. It may work different on the newer ones.
  5. s5belford

s5belford New Member 1000 Posts

folding mirrors

my 09 only has the option to fold in for narrow streets, parking garage, narrow parking spots etc. but they dont point down when its in reverse. I love the power folding mirrors especially for the car wash but I stuck on the blind spot mirrors and pointed them down so I can see the lines when I'm backing into parking spots, I'm pretty happy with those, not sure how you feel about the blind spot mirrors but its an option...
  6. r_w

r_w New Member

My '05 burb has the curb mirrors and folding option. It is probably controlled by the door zone module, so I don't know if bolting on a set from the junk yard would work, or if more electronics would be needed. Same as a previous post, you turn it on and off through the Drivers Information Center with the steering wheel controls.
  7. pacheco

pacheco New Member

you would have to wire it up if you get the mirrors.you my be able to use toggle swicthes to use.