Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

FOR SALE 2005 Z71 Avalanche, 60,000 miles, $16,500

Discussion in 'GM Vehicle Classifieds' started by RFoster130, Jun 12, 2012.

1. RFoster130

RFoster130 Member

I'm just copying wht my Craigslist ad says.

I have a 2005 Chevrolet Avalanche 4WD Z71. This truck is in great condition and has just at 60,000 miles on it (60500). I drive it most days, so it will go up a bit.I am only selling it to upgrade to a Tahoe for more family space. This truck has been very well taken care of and I will try to list as much about it as possible. I can almost guarantee you will not find one in similar condition for this price. I have looked all over within 250 miles to help me get an idea on price. Kelly Blue Book and NADA have it listed at $18,000 to $19,000 for private party sale. Dealers are getting a lot more. That is without any extras, including the $1500 set of wheels and tires.This truck has some added features.

First the original stuff. It is a 4WD Z71. Like most other Avalanches, it has the 5.3L V8 and automatic transmission. This truck is also a Flex Fuel vehicle capable of running the E85. The Z71 adds some nice off road stuff like the skid plates, front tow hooks, and better shocks. It is the type with the plastic side body cladding. This is an option you either hate or love. I loved it and wish I could still get it. Its very nice when someone swings their door or shopping cart into it. It has saved this truck many times from getting dented up. It has power windows, locks, power driver seat, cruise, dual climate controls, side running boards, roof cargo rack, fog lights, came with factory tow package and has the tow/haul mode on the shifter. Heated power mirros with LED turn signals in them. They also tilt when backing. Also has outide lighting around the exterior. Radio has the single CD player with steering wheel controls. Also is equipped with onstar and has the homelink built in garage door opener remote. Also has the OEM heavy duty floor mats and bed mat.

The stuff I added, Tinted windows. Billet aluminum grille. Molded hood visor and rain visors on all 4 windows. Custom 20" wheels and tires. They were originally bought 4 years but the rims were replaced last summer due to an issue with the finish coming off. They are only on the truck during the summer. The winter months, I put the OEM wheels and tires back on. Both sets are in good shape. The summer wheels have tons of tread left on the tires and the factory tires should be good for another winter or 2. I did have a pioneer in dash DVD player but removed it because I was having problems with it. If interested, I could include it. I think I know the problem and can tell you if you want to hook it back up. I will also include the hitch and plug adapter. Comes with 2 sets of keys and FOBs. All manuals and original window sticker also with it.

I am the 2nd owner and have owned it for 4 years. Never wrecked. I am very particular about maintenance and have taken very good care of it. Truck has never been smoked in. I do take my dog in it sometimes, but it gets cleaned on a regular basis. Battery is 3 months old. Oil change and alignment done 2 weeks ago. The gauge cluster just went out and was replaced under GM coverage. Brakes are all good and less than 20,000 miles on them. There is only 1 very minor issue with this truck. The console in the center of the front seats has a broken lid. The hinge on the lid broke which separates the 2 pieces. I put a few strips of black tape on and you can't really tell. They were a plastic hinge and known to break. It was actually replaced once under warranty but has broke again. I am trying to locate a replacement, so I may have it replaced soon.

This truck is in great condition. It is a truck, so yes I have hauled stuff in the bed and taken it off road when needed. Therefore, it does have some minor little scuffs here and there in the paint and a couple tiny dings that are barely noticeable. I have used it to tow a boat and it performs like a beast. I have been very happy with this truck and hate to sell it, but need something bigger.

I also will not give it away so price is firm at $16,500. You wont find a batter deal. Not interested in any trades or scams, dont waste my time. This truck is available as soon as i get the money in hand. CASH or I meet you at your bank to get the loan check from them. I do have the title since it is in KY. It does show a Lien. As soon as I get paid, I will pay it off and give you all necessary paperwork. I am happy to answer any questions or take any additional pictures on request. I am willing to deliver within 500 miles for $400. I live in the Florence KY area.

Best way to contact me is email. RFoster130@aol.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How's your luck selling this been?

3. RFoster130

RFoster130 Member

Oops, I forgot to update. It sold in less than a week. Sold it and picked up my new 2012 Tahoe 4WD LT the same day.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Congrats on the new tahoe!