1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

For those of you always looking for more work...and $$$$

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Enkeiavalanche, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thought I would show how I put the Avalanche to work.. Thanks to Craigslist Easy Cash and meet some Well Nice people... :gasp:I do these postings all week and can make a few $$$$ some weeks...

What do you think?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/lbs/3570117850.html

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/rid/3576755365.html

Reply zbnh7-3570117850@serv.craigslist.org[SUP] [?][/SUP]
    flag [SUP][?][/SUP] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-02-16, 7:05AM EST
    [h=2]Need to move or get something Large during the snow? Or PU at Ikea? (===NYC=Brooklyn=NNJ===)[/h][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Powered by LeafletTerms

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am free this weekend to help YOU... I have a Clean, Soft riding truck with a Carpeted and Covered 8 Ft bed with tiedowns.
    I am Carefull and safe with all my moves. and Have many Ref's to back it up..If you need to pick up something within Bronx/ Brooklyn or NYC Today Please give me a call
    I also do Ikea runs and Set ups. I have moved many Treadmills, Couches, Foutons Big TV's and more..

Call me and we can make plans.. I also do Dorm move ins....

I have delivered over 300 Tv's all over the Tristate area Including 7 Big screens to Jugde Judy's house in Ct.

I have a Clean 4x4 with a 8ft covered bed.

Thank you Glenn
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It helps to be big and have a good back for that sort of thing, as people generally want not only the use of a truck, but someone else to do the lifting. Sadly, I qualify in neither way, else I'd do this too -- especially since I have a trailer with a 16' deck.

I'm glad someone can do this, though. Presumably you charge a fee plus mileage, yes?
  3. Enkeiavalanche

I charge a fair rate Mostly Flat Plus tolls.. Depends where I am going.. I delivered a Treadmill to the Hamptons from NYC for $300, I do Futon moves in NYC for about $65-80, I've done work for Actor Steven Bauar (From Scarface) and Judge Judy. (7 Tv's to her House in Ct for $350 plus tip $100)
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Shipping wars!!!!

I personally wouldn't want the liability, but If it makes you extra money go for it!!
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That's as simple as a waiver for something the customer puts on a trailer or onto the truck, since you're just the driver at that point. If, however, you're just doing the lifting/moving, you've got a very good point.
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i thought about this a few times before my daughter was born, but i dont really have time for it now.

Alex
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Hey not hard to do and some easy quick CASH$$$ Most of my customers are repeat which is good Keeps me busy after work and on weekends..That TV you see in the back I bought from NJ to Brooklyn. Then went to Coney island to see the views.. DSCF1039.jpg DSCF1036.JPG DSCF1042.jpg DSCF1033.JPG DSCF1030.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

DSCF1029.jpg DSCF1028.jpg DSCF1026.jpg DSCF1060.jpg DSCF1038.jpg
  8. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Havent you ever seen that bumper sticker....

"Yes its my truck....no I wont help you move!"
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Hey gotta pay the bills and put gas in the truck... And it's fun...:glasses:
  10. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, you are in NY...your taxes are outrageous there...