Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Ford asked GM to stop running Super Bowl Commercials!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Feb 5, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thoughts on this everyone?

DETROIT – Last evening Chevrolet was asked by Ford Motor Co. to stop showing its Super Bowl commercial for the Silverado, the longest-lasting, most-dependable full-size pickup on the road.

The good-humored ad, called “2012”, shows the Silverado navigating a completely over-the-top, outrageous version of the devastation and destruction predicted to occur this year by the Mayan calendar includes giant attack robots, meteors and frogs falling from the sky.

A group of friends, who are Silverado owners, makes its way to the designated meeting spot but notice one of their buddies is missing. The missing friend, however, did not drive a Chevrolet. Instead, he drove a Ford and doesn’t appear to have made it to the meeting point.

“We stand by our claims in the commercial, that the Silverado is the most dependable, longest-lasting full-size pickup on the road. The ad is a fun way of putting this claim in the context of the apocalypse,” said General Motors Global Chief Marketing Officer Joel Ewanick. “We can wait until the world ends, and if we need to, we will apologize. In the meantime, people who are really worried about the Mayan calendar coming true should buy a Silverado right away.”

The Silverado ad will run in the first quarter of the Super Bowl and is one of five spots that Chevrolet is debuting on Super Bowl Sunday. To see all of the spots visit:http://www.youtube.com/user/Chevrolet/home.

Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

2. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Oh Ford needs to lighten up! Of course I'd be pretty butt hurt if almost every major car company was bashin my product (Chevy, Dodge, and even Toyota!). Don't get mad, get even! Make yer own dern commercial!

3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well Goverment motors is sparing no expense when it comes to their commercials. I expect to see this commercial every 15 minutes for the next year on every channel. LOL:lol:

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Heh. :rofl:

5. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

CAnt wait for the Superman commercial when he opens his shirt to expose a huge BOWTIE. Then he flies in and saves a family fom buying a f&^d

6. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I'm just happy the Super Bowl commercials weren't plastered with Ford commercials, It's about time Chevy slaps Ford in the face

7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I thought the silverado commercial was funny. I called the ford comment when they were missing one of their friends. Ford asking them to stop running the ad is just payback for when Ford was running the actual customer press conference ads and one of the commercials featured a guy that only referenced GM by saying he was happy he wasnt buying a vehicle that was bailed out by the government. GM (and the gov.) complained and Ford wussed out and pulled the ad (I think they should have run the ad 3x as much). Hopefully Chevy keeps running this one.

8. Coach24

Only thing better would have been showing a destroyed F150 in the commercial

9. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I loved that commercial! It was better than Madonna's half time show by far.

10. Coach24

Caddi? is that you man? Hope all is well and glad to see you posting again.:great: