1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Forgot to say Hi... How Rude!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by whutdidyousay@yahoo.com, Jan 23, 2009.

1. 100_6654.jpg lol.... I've been too busy researching my new trucks issues to stop in and say hi. Well it's about time that stopped.
    I'm Eric from Forest Grove, OR.... I purchased my first real 4x4 on Dec. 18, 2008. It is a 1989 Chevy Suburban Silverado. It is a pretty dang nice truck and I love it. Of course it does have it's issues.
    1. Needs Brakes front and rear (no biggie)
    2. Needs Front end noise diagnosed & researched (I think it's a bearing)
    3. Needed complete maintenance.... Done!... well as far as I can until I get a new axle lug socket.
    4. Emergency flashers operate strange. (I'll get to it)
    But so far that's it.... Not too bad. Nothing I think I can't handle. But I need to learn a few things and that's why I'm here.
    I do have alot of "non-professional" or shadetree mechanic experience, but the 4x4 stuff is greek to me.
    Thanks in advance, and I'll post pics of "Jennie" as soon as I can figure it out.
  2. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome! Sweet lookin suburban! Any plans to modify after you finish repairs?
  3. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

welcome tot he club
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  5. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC Eric
  6. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  7. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! :great:
  8. I'm not sure if I want to modify the truck much. I've already added the hoop steps and stereo... Will need to put better speakers in the front.... Fog lights should be on in the next week....
    I'd like to rase it maybe 4" and put her on 35's.... she's stock on 33's now. But the problem is my kids and wife. They needed the hoop steps badly. What will they do if it goes up another 4-6 inches? Probably never happen......
    Otherwise I just want to keep it mostly stock... and in nice condition.
    I will be towing, so I might have to switch out my gear ratio... gotta research that. I'm at 3.42/1 now.
    Thanks for the welcome guys!
  9. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site.