Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Former Thrifty Rental car 2010 Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by eeeks, Jan 31, 2012.

1. eeeks

eeeks New Member

Hello All

I have recently purchased a 2010 LT Suburban from a CPO lot of a Chevy dealership. The car was a former rental (fleet) car and is badged as an LT model.

However, I noticed that it doesn't have certain LT features that were listed as standard (6 speaker audio vs 9...no satellite radio/antenna...no usb jack in center console... only power height adjustable seats...)

When looking at what "should" have come as standard on an LT...I seem to be missing a few things.

Is there such a thing as a decontented "rental/fleet" level LT?

Thanks in advance all...These forums are great for a newbie.

2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Well, I know that the LT badge doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot when it comes to the Silverado. Theres the LS, a couple different LT packages, and of course LTZ. if I'm not mistaken options can be added to/removed from at the purchasers discretion . If i had to guess, it's just the way that the rental company ordered them.

3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If your suburban doesn't have a USB port in it, then it must have been a special fleet order. If I recall correctly, fleet orders generally get to pick options without packages if they want to, and yours seems to have been ordered without the USB and XM, which would have been standard on all models of suburban. The Bose system would normally be standard on an LT, as well as rear park assist and power adjustable pedals. Do you have the pedals or park assist? Either way, you seem to have bought a suburban that doesn't have all of the standard features for ANY trim level, not just LT.

4. eeeks

eeeks New Member

It does have the power assist pedals and the rear park assist...hmmm....None of them are deal breakers anyway....the bluetooth would have been nice to have for the Woman....since she's attached to that damn phone....

thanks

5. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If it were me, I would look into a extended warranty on this truck. I'm not saying its a bad buy but people who rent vehicles tend to abuse them a little more than if it were their own. Getting a warranty will help protect you if there are any hidden issues with this new truck

6. eeeks

eeeks New Member

we got the extended warranty....plus it still has the balance of the original factory warranty (roughly 35000 miles left on it). Its actually in very good mechanical condition, just a few niggling electrical issues (alternator whine in rear speakers only) and the curious lack of what should be a standard feature at this trim level.

7. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sounds like you found a nice buy. I hope you have good luck with it!!,