Fort Worth Speeding Ticket

Discussion in 'TX - North Texas Chevy Truck Club' started by ChevyFan, Mar 3, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

2. JKEY817

JKEY817 New Member

I got one in Irving 2 days after I bought my new truck, 114 and MacArthur!!!
    Cop complimented my truck then handed me a 80 in a 60 ticket!

3. ChevyFan

I just got notice for my court appearance for my ticket. I guess I need to gather up my stuff and head in to explain why he got the wrong vehicle. Probably would cost me less to just please no contest, but dang it, I wasn't speeding.

4. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

What's the story. who was it that was speeding.

I use to work in the courts, and i sat in a traffic court once, a group of guys on bikes were going down this one street, they turned the corner, the cop turned the corner and pulled over a bike for speeding. when they went to fight it, One guy came forward and said look i hope i don't get a ticket now, but the guy you gave the ticket to and myself we own the same bike. same color and everything. they brought in all the paperwork, titles, and a picture of both bikes in one photo. the judge said oh well, maybe you shouldn't drive the same bike as your friend. ticket stands.

5. Sooner

Sooner Rockstar

I got a speeding ticket Saturday in the Tahoe. 85 in a 65. My first ticket in 20 years. He lowered it to 75 in a 65 and told me he would testify that I was traveling 85 if I went to court and fought it. Needless to day, I'll be sending them a check for this one. $161 is better than what I could be getting.

6. cdvntx

cdvntx Rockstar

Well Steve, what happened?
    A little would be speeding ticket story. I was on a weekend getaway with my girlfriend. I forgot my metal detector and was zoomng back home to get it and was pulled over for doing 85 in a 65. I didn't even know my Blazer would go that fast. ;-) Anyway, I was wearing a Burleson PD t-shirt. The sheriff asked if I was a cop for them. I said no, my girlfriend does and I was at a benefit and got the shirt. He told me to slow it down and have a nice day......whew! I'm starting to wear that shirt more often now!
    I did get a ticket for running a light once and did the online defensive driving course. The ticket was dropped and well worth the money.

7. ChevyFan

I have not heard anything fromt his ticket. I had to get it switched from a jury trial to a bench trial. They were going to make that happen and send me new paperwork. That was August. :neutral:

8. dutzowmo

dutzowmo Rockstar 100 Posts

Never been to fort worth texas, but I got a ticket for going 28 in a 20. Which going 20 is next to impossible down a hill. When i was pulled over there was a car pulled over next to me going the other direction and a car pulled over less than 500 feet away from me. Cops are to nice around my area.

9. ChevyFan

I just updated the original post dealing with the ticket I got in Fort Worth, when test-driving the 2008 Buick Enclave. I still have not had my day in court. Anyone else had this problem with going to court in Fort Worth?

10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thanks for the heads up... I'll be moving a friend of mine down to Fort Worth Next week.. I plan on doing a little GTG with some Avalanche friends on Mon night June 28th somewhere in the area..(Hooters) I will post more info soon..