1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fort Worth Speeding Ticket

Discussion in 'TX - North Texas Chevy Truck Club' started by ChevyFan, Mar 3, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

2. JKEY817

JKEY817 New Member

I got one in Irving 2 days after I bought my new truck, 114 and MacArthur!!!
    Cop complimented my truck then handed me a 80 in a 60 ticket!
  3. ChevyFan

I just got notice for my court appearance for my ticket. I guess I need to gather up my stuff and head in to explain why he got the wrong vehicle. Probably would cost me less to just please no contest, but dang it, I wasn't speeding.
  4. asstda2b

asstda2b Rockstar 100 Posts

What's the story. who was it that was speeding.

I use to work in the courts, and i sat in a traffic court once, a group of guys on bikes were going down this one street, they turned the corner, the cop turned the corner and pulled over a bike for speeding. when they went to fight it, One guy came forward and said look i hope i don't get a ticket now, but the guy you gave the ticket to and myself we own the same bike. same color and everything. they brought in all the paperwork, titles, and a picture of both bikes in one photo. the judge said oh well, maybe you shouldn't drive the same bike as your friend. ticket stands.
  5. Sooner

Sooner Rockstar

I got a speeding ticket Saturday in the Tahoe. 85 in a 65. My first ticket in 20 years. He lowered it to 75 in a 65 and told me he would testify that I was traveling 85 if I went to court and fought it. Needless to day, I'll be sending them a check for this one. $161 is better than what I could be getting.
  6. cdvntx

cdvntx Rockstar

Well Steve, what happened?
    A little would be speeding ticket story. I was on a weekend getaway with my girlfriend. I forgot my metal detector and was zoomng back home to get it and was pulled over for doing 85 in a 65. I didn't even know my Blazer would go that fast. ;-) Anyway, I was wearing a Burleson PD t-shirt. The sheriff asked if I was a cop for them. I said no, my girlfriend does and I was at a benefit and got the shirt. He told me to slow it down and have a nice day......whew! I'm starting to wear that shirt more often now!
    I did get a ticket for running a light once and did the online defensive driving course. The ticket was dropped and well worth the money.
  7. ChevyFan

I have not heard anything fromt his ticket. I had to get it switched from a jury trial to a bench trial. They were going to make that happen and send me new paperwork. That was August. :neutral:
  8. dutzowmo

dutzowmo Rockstar 100 Posts

Never been to fort worth texas, but I got a ticket for going 28 in a 20. Which going 20 is next to impossible down a hill. When i was pulled over there was a car pulled over next to me going the other direction and a car pulled over less than 500 feet away from me. Cops are to nice around my area.
  9. ChevyFan

I just updated the original post dealing with the ticket I got in Fort Worth, when test-driving the 2008 Buick Enclave. I still have not had my day in court. Anyone else had this problem with going to court in Fort Worth?
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Thanks for the heads up... I'll be moving a friend of mine down to Fort Worth Next week.. I plan on doing a little GTG with some Avalanche friends on Mon night June 28th somewhere in the area..(Hooters) I will post more info soon..