Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Forum question ~ Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by aloxdaddy99, Jun 7, 2013.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

There have been a large number of members on this forum asking for some version of a chat system. We have it than we don't. Then we do again. It was something that was used and asked for, but we still don't have it. Than today I log on to see what the best GM community has going on and I see pics in the thread list. Yes I don't keep up on the daily behind the scene business of this forum, but did anybody ask for that?

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hey [MENTION=40941]aloxdaddy99[/MENTION] ... Virtually no one used the chat system and it was causing all sorts of behind-the-scenes problems. In fact, i think only like 10 people have asked for it, maybe I'm wrong on that ...

I'm in the process of expanding the site with some extra features that are designed to add additional help and value to the members. For example, I also added in a LIKE / THANK tool. So you can "like" any particular post that a member makes, or you can "thank" them for it.

I'll re-think the chat system, but again, like 5 people used it on average in any given day from what I can tell.

3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Steve I will agree that not too many used it, but members like [MENTION=40941]aloxdaddy99[/MENTION] and I as well as other more "major" members used it alot. We used it as a way to talk easier than through PM's or lots of posts in guess the next poster. I feel if chat comes back for good many will use it once they learn how to create chat rooms and such. Like in Field of Dreams, "build it and they will come". :lol:

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I still have the license. B I'll see if they have any updates to it that fix the known bugs and security issues.