1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Updates Forum Software Upgrade - Style will be fixed soon

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Mar 5, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You will notice a few new options if you pay close attention. We've lost the posts on the front page, but we'll rebuild them and get them back. :)

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Working on getting the style back to normal ... we've got it, just have to spend a few minutes to clean it all up.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Looks like there is a mis-match with the recent upgrades and the template designer will have to update the template, so we'll have a different look-and-feel for a day or two. I'll update when I know more.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

The vendor who makes the style will get around to fixing it early this week. They usually have them done in 72 hours after an update, but this was a big one so we'll get it done hopefully today or tomorrow to make it look like the old site. No worries, this is only affecting the output, all data is fine.
  2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Ok Steve thanks for the update was going to message you when it looked different from earlier today.
  3. ChevyFan

I guess there are a LOT of updates that have been made for this newest version that we're running, so it may be a day or two before we get it all straightened out with the old style and the new updates.

NOW, if you take a look around the site, you'll notice that there are quite a number of updates, like having all of the icons attached to the user profile ... better editing menus, etc.
  4. ChevyFan

Just wanted to update everyone - the people that make the style that we use (here is the place that makes it, I like these people so I'll give them a free plug) say that there is a lot that they have to upgrade on the backend to ensure there are no bugs. Hopefully it will be back and ready in the next couple of days. I should have waited and confimed that they were done before I did the upgrade, so it's not their fault.
  5. ChevyFan

Hopefully we'll get the style updated this week back to what we had in the past.
  6. ChevyFan

I'm working on the style issue right now, I'm aware that the navigation is pushed to the right.
  7. ChevyFan

ok, I made the update and it looks good. I had a few minutes at lunch so I put up the new GMTruckClub.com logo as well ... anyone notice? :)
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I've noticed a couple of items with the main one being now the ad box that runs across the top of the page now covers my user name, notification tab, and partially covering the profile tab.
  9. ChevyFan

I think you have to refresh and it should be ok. Let me see ...
  10. ChevyFan

This is what it should look like ... if you see something different, then please upload a screenshot to here and I will have a look.

gmtc-update-chevy-truck-forum-website.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012