Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Found a parts Truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by barefoot greg, Nov 11, 2012.

1. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

As the title states i found a parts truck for sale in my town. The guy who has it plays on the local pool league as do I. Its a 2001 extended cab 4 wheel drive, the guy said it had a small lift and 33's on it, Im assuming a 3inch body. Its got a 1987 chevy 350 carbeurated small block in it, doesnt run because it needs a fuel pressure regulator. ( the newer fuel injected trucks run higher fuel pressure than the older motors with a carb.)

The guy only wants $500 for it which i feel is a good price considering the motor coming with it that i could tug out and save for a 72 chevy stepside project i'll be starting here in the next year. Plus the parts truck factor: tranny, door handles, seats, steering wheel, etc. etc. etc.

I pick it up on friday so ill upload some photos then.

Lemme know what you guys think

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Go for it, the tires may be worth $500

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If it's like he told ya it'll definately be worth $500.
    The engine/trans/T-case are worth $800+ if they run with minor repairs.
    Depending on how the body and interior are that could be another $500 parted out and the axles and could get probably around $300 if their in decent shape.

4. regcab

regcab New Member

did you get it? if so pictures?

5. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Wow, grab it quick! They were still making real trucks back then! More metal, less plastic!

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would buy it, but I bet the wiring is a mess. You probably won't be able to know if the transfer case even engages, since it's electronic. Gauge cluster, BCM on and on, I would still buy it though!!

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd already have dragged it home if I were you...