Found a parts Truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by barefoot greg, Nov 11, 2012.

1. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

As the title states i found a parts truck for sale in my town. The guy who has it plays on the local pool league as do I. Its a 2001 extended cab 4 wheel drive, the guy said it had a small lift and 33's on it, Im assuming a 3inch body. Its got a 1987 chevy 350 carbeurated small block in it, doesnt run because it needs a fuel pressure regulator. ( the newer fuel injected trucks run higher fuel pressure than the older motors with a carb.)

The guy only wants $500 for it which i feel is a good price considering the motor coming with it that i could tug out and save for a 72 chevy stepside project i'll be starting here in the next year. Plus the parts truck factor: tranny, door handles, seats, steering wheel, etc. etc. etc.

I pick it up on friday so ill upload some photos then.

Lemme know what you guys think

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Go for it, the tires may be worth $500

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If it's like he told ya it'll definately be worth $500.
    The engine/trans/T-case are worth $800+ if they run with minor repairs.
    Depending on how the body and interior are that could be another $500 parted out and the axles and could get probably around $300 if their in decent shape.

4. regcab

regcab New Member

did you get it? if so pictures?

5. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Wow, grab it quick! They were still making real trucks back then! More metal, less plastic!

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would buy it, but I bet the wiring is a mess. You probably won't be able to know if the transfer case even engages, since it's electronic. Gauge cluster, BCM on and on, I would still buy it though!!

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'd already have dragged it home if I were you...