Found a plug hanging near radiator........

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Dontlookforme, Oct 1, 2010.

Newest Photos

1. Dontlookforme

Dontlookforme New Member

I was checking my battery negitive ground to the frame, and found a plug hanging under the radiator.... im not sure what it is. my best guess would be air temp plug? here are the pic's i took sorry about the quality.

Photo098.jpg Photo100.jpg Photo099.jpg
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I can't tell from the picture but is there a cover on the end of the plug? Sometimes the manufactures run a wiring harness to cover differant options and maybe it wasn't used on your truck. If it doesn't have a cover then just take the plug and move around the area that is the length of the wire and see if you can find a matching plug. Hope I explained that so you understand.
  3. Dontlookforme

Dontlookforme New Member

Yes, I just went out side and did that, The wire / wire loom runs in front of the radiator base and looks like it might mount in a bracket/L shaped metal bar that runs infront of radiator. still not sure what this is for??
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

But does it have a cover on the end of the plug or is it a open plug?
  5. Chris Miller

Chris Miller New Member 100 Posts

Some models had a horn right in front of the radiator. That's what the plug's for.
  6. Dontlookforme

Dontlookforme New Member

I think its an open plug.
    its got a sensor of some sort.