1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Found a plug hanging near radiator........

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Dontlookforme, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Dontlookforme

Dontlookforme New Member

I was checking my battery negitive ground to the frame, and found a plug hanging under the radiator.... im not sure what it is. my best guess would be air temp plug? here are the pic's i took sorry about the quality.

Photo098.jpg Photo100.jpg Photo099.jpg
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

I can't tell from the picture but is there a cover on the end of the plug? Sometimes the manufactures run a wiring harness to cover differant options and maybe it wasn't used on your truck. If it doesn't have a cover then just take the plug and move around the area that is the length of the wire and see if you can find a matching plug. Hope I explained that so you understand.
  3. Dontlookforme

Dontlookforme New Member

Yes, I just went out side and did that, The wire / wire loom runs in front of the radiator base and looks like it might mount in a bracket/L shaped metal bar that runs infront of radiator. still not sure what this is for??
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

But does it have a cover on the end of the plug or is it a open plug?
  5. Chris Miller

Chris Miller New Member

Some models had a horn right in front of the radiator. That's what the plug's for.
  6. Dontlookforme

Dontlookforme New Member

I think its an open plug.
    its got a sensor of some sort.