Found my Silverado's GMC twin.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Apr 22, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman New Member

Was at a local shopping center, and I saw my truck's GMC twin.

20130420_160253.jpg
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Have to say it I like the GMC looks better....
  3. stchman

stchman New Member

That's a matter of opinion, I happen to like the look of the Silverado better.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Ouch..,.......thats brutal.
  5. stchman

stchman New Member

I happen to think both trucks are nice looking, I just think the Silverado has better looks.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Times two. :rofl:
  7. stchman

stchman New Member

That might be true, but the Silverado has better shocks, better tires, more sound deadening, and make more frequent QC stops on the assembly line than the GMC. :rofl:
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

OEM sound deadening is pretty laughable ... as are OEM shocks and tires. I do, however, wonder why they'd QC one less thoroughly than the other. It suggests that one needs more QC than the other???

The twin thing was still cool -- you DO realize we couldn't not yank your chain about it, right? :)
  9. stchman

stchman New Member

I know, but I like to yank back. It's all in good fun.

As far as OEM sound deadening, my LTZ is pretty quiet at 70MPH.
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

And what about a GMC Denali? They are not Quiet on the inside?
  11. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

I'd put my sound deadning and shocks up against almost anyone!!
    I just think the grill on the Silverado's don't look as "strong" as the Sierra's.
  12. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

By QC I am guessing you mean "quality checks"??

I have been a quality tech in the past at a GM plant, and trust me the parts are the same on both trucks lol!! Other than cosmetics, right now I am making 2KXX A pillars, this is for the new 2014 body style trucks, one part goes to two different locations GMC>>>CHEVY Potato<<<<Potatoe

BIQ is the new ISO standard of quality, It stands for "Built in quality". They eliminated my quality job, and now they find and fix defects on the line. I can tell you we get a lot more rejected material from the GMC locations, as they are very picky.
  13. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Your shocks and sound deadening aren't OEM. LOL!
  14. stchman

stchman New Member

I've never ridden in a Sierra Denali, but I highly doubt they are any quieter.

- - - Updated - - -

You replaced the shocks and sound absorbing material on your 2011 Sierra?
  15. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

I always say I'm going to buy a GMC "next time". My dealership offers both (2 separate lots but can deal with th same salesman for either of the 2), but every time it comes down to it, NOTHING beats the front end of the Chevys.
  16. stchman

stchman New Member

Why do you always say you're going to buy a GMC next time?

I personally think the GMC grill is a tad better looking than the Silverado, I just don't like the fenders at all on the Sierra NNBS. The accents that go around the rear wheel wells on a Sierra especially are positively hideous, the Silverado fenders look so much nicer. I also prefer the tail lights of the Silverado with the reverse light in the middle.

Once again this is just my opinion.
  17. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

I purchased a GMC for a more Man'ly look! LOL The Chevy front-end didn't appeal to me........
  18. stchman

stchman New Member

I don't think one is more "manlier" looking than the other.

I really wish that GM would NOT put those cheap looking ebay LEDs around the 2014 Sierra headlights.
  19. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

I think they intrigue me just for a change. Sometimes I see one I really like, but usually just driving by. When I actually stop and look at them I definitely prefer the Chevy.
  20. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member

I've noticed a trend of liking different year front ends of either truck. For example, I absolutely LOVED the front end of my 2006 Silverado, but was not a fan of the GMC front end of that same year. Once Chevy went to the new body style in '07, I preferred the GMC front end. Now, I really like the front ends of the Chevy 2500's over the GMC's. Overall, I love both trucks. It just depends on the year for which one I like more.
    So far as which brand is better than the other? Well I think that's a matter of opinion. Both sides have "data" supporting why theirs is "better" than the other. The biggest difference I've personally noticed is the difference in the standard features at each equipment level (LT, SLE, SLT, LTZ, etc...). GMC seems to have a lot more standard per level than Chevy. Well, at least from what I've noticed on the websites! ANYways, that's just my 5 cents! Both trucks do look awesome though. They are both well maintained, which says a lot about the owners. Good job folks, and sweet rides!:sign0021: