Found my Silverado's GMC twin.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Apr 22, 2013.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

You replaced the shocks and sound absorbing material on your 2011 Sierra?[/QUOTE]

I did. I replaced the shocks with the King Coilovers in the front to level it out. I will be replacing the rear either with King's or Beilstein's.
    As for the sound proofing it is a truck not a Cadillac. I knew that when I bought my TRUCK. So I (with the help of other members on this forum) wanted to make it how I wanted it added sound proofing to the cab. I get tired of people expecting a pick up truck to be quiet as a car.

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

ive been toying with the sound deadening in my truck as well.

one thing i love about my truck is the fact there are a few silverados kinda close, i have yet to see a sierra like mine....

Alex

3. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

My 2013 is actually pretty quiet on the highway. It's not as quiet as say a BMW 7 Series, but it's decently quiet.

4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I also like the "look" of the GMC better, but I am not going to pay the "premium" and deal with the headaches of matching up aftermarket parts to the GMC body style differences over the silverado.

5. paracutin

paracutin Rockstar 100 Posts

My 04 2500HD was quieter than my wife's 08 Ford Escape until I put the mud tires on it but it is no competition for our Mercedes ML350 (nor do I expect it to be).

6. repley81

repley81 Member 1 Year

I have to agree with this guy...but that's just because I drive a GMC lol

7. stchman

My Silverado LTZ is quieter than my mom's 2012 Accord EX-L V6 (their best model), even after I put on the Flowsound muffler. At 65MPH, the LTZ is twisting ~1600RPMs so engine noise is almost inaudible.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said in a previous post, I like the Sierra grill 5% better than the Silverado grill, I just cannot stand the wheel well accents on the Sierra. Also the rear of a Silverado looks a little better as I like the looks of the tail lights better.

- - - Updated - - -

Mercedes are supposed to be "legendary" quiet interiors. For $85K+, they better be.

8. paracutin

paracutin Rockstar 100 Posts

[/QUOTE]Mercedes are supposed to be "legendary" quiet interiors. For $85K+, they better be.[/QUOTE]

No where near $85k. More like $62k brand new in 2008. We bought it used in 2012 and paid half that. My wife commented just the other day how roomy and comfortable my truck is. Pretty nice compliment considering what her daily driver is.

9. stchman

Mercedes are supposed to be "legendary" quiet interiors. For $85K+, they better be.[/QUOTE]

No where near $85k. More like $62k brand new in 2008. We bought it used in 2012 and paid half that. My wife commented just the other day how roomy and comfortable my truck is. Pretty nice compliment considering what her daily driver is.[/QUOTE]

The ML350 is a smaller SUV, so I can see the Silverado having larger front seats.