1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Found my truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Z28Johnny, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Z28Johnny

Z28Johnny Rockstar

I posted a couple of weeks ago about buying a Suburban for towing a Toy Hauler that I was getting. I found one today and went to look at it and bought it! I will post pics tomorrow, but for now:
    1996 Suburban 2500, maroon, tinted windows, 454, 17300 miles (ouch), Flow Master exhaust, always garaged, oil changed every 3,000, K&N air filter, super clean body, clean inside... I got it for $3,000 cash.
  2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

that dont sound too awful bad. congrats
  3. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Sounds like a great deal. Congrats. What else do you plan on doing to it?

-Greg
  4. Z28Johnny

Z28Johnny Rockstar

Normally I would do stereo, lift, rims, tires, and a lot more. However, this was bought mostly for towing the trailer. If I can find a great used set of rims and tires I'd get those. It is hard for me to resist getting stuff for it :)
  5. route66paul

route66paul Member

If you are just using it for towing, what is wrong with stock wheels and tires? This vehicle was designed to do a great job of towing - leave that stuff alone. I would be more worried about alignment, bushings, and mounts first
  6. speedbird

speedbird New Member

Nice one! Better post some photos too. Please :D

454 must be awesome to drive but probably it's too much for an European could live with for daily driving when thinking about gas prices...
  7. Z28Johnny

Z28Johnny Rockstar

Sorry it took so long to post pics, but here are some I took on its first outing!! It towed the trailer fully loaded well. I even filled it up with 1000 pounds of water just to see how it would pull. You could definitely tell the 8000-9000 pounds was behind it, but it rode great. And that is without leveling the trailer. My equalizer hitch needed a different drop to allow me to level it correctly so it could ride even better. I'm also going to ditch the Reese brake controller and install the P3 that I ordered. Love the sound of the 454 with the flow master!! Aside from that I just need to throw on some newer tires.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. SuburbanSS

SuburbanSS Member

Nice looking suburban, looks nice and clean.
  9. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

Very nice, thats what I am looking for. I have the quads, just need everything else. Sounds & looks like you got a great deal, enjoy.