Newest Gallery Photos

  1. Chevy Truck Forum

    Welcome To!

    The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

    Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

    Join Today ~ It's Free

    Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Frame Question

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dj000524, Jul 29, 2008.

  1. dj000524

    dj000524 New Member

    I have a 01 sub. 4wd with a bent rear frame. Chevy says you can only get the whole frame. I was wondering what kind of metal the frame is made of High Strength Steel or what. Chevy doesnt know and not sure how to tell. Any help would be great.
  2. collinsperformance

    collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

    how bent is the frame? might contact a frame shop as they might know what metal it is....mike
  3. tbplus10

    tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

    Didnt they start Hydro Forming the rails a few years back? If so it would be hard to match the factory bends and get it straight. Even without Hydroforming it'd be hard. The best bet would be like Mike said and take it to a frame shop.
    Or look around for a rust free rollover frame from a wreck.

Share This Page