1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Freakin A/C belt

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by rileyjr16, Apr 22, 2012.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Well left to go get food a while ago and on my way back home I noticed the A/C wasn't blowing cold so I pulled over to check it out because I was sure the A/C belt came off. Not only did it come off, it broke in half, got under the big belt and popped that off the pulleys. Thank God I know alot of Gonzales Police officers with great light holding skills :lol:. Got the big belt back on after a few minutes but the A/C belt will have to wait till 7:30 tomorrow morning when Orielly's or Auto Zone opens up. Might buy some clear LED bulbs to put in the under dash lights and dome light tomorrow too. Might replace the tensioner for the A/C belt too since it squeaks a little when you first start it.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Can I just replace the pulley wheel or do I have to replace the entire assembly?

2. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Don't know if you can just replace the wheel ,if high miles would replace entire assembly. There are videos on U Tube for belt tensioner replacement that may help, have fun!

3. Blazer454

Blazer454 Member

pretty sure you can only replace the whole thing, common issue on these motors. its easy to change though

4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Thought I'd get to it this morning but today is one of those days where everyone wants me to do stuff for them. I also have to change the whole assembly on my buddy Fowler's truck since his started squeaking too.