1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FREE NASCAR Tickets - NRA 500 @ Texas Motor Speedway

Discussion in 'Contests & Giveaways' started by ChevyFan, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

sm500-1.jpg

FREE NASCAR TICKETS FOR THIS WEEKEND!

NRA 500 @
    Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Texas
    Saturday, April 13 @ 6:30 PM CST

The nice people at Chevrolet have given us a fair number of very nice tickets to the NRA 500 race for this Saturday 4/13 @ Texas Motor Speedway. The race starts at 6:30 PM, but there is a bunch of stuff going on starting much earlier including Ride & Drive events and a Sara Evans concert too.

If anyone wants to go, please RESPOND TO THIS POST and extra points for posting to our FACEBOOK PAGE. We'll determine how to give these away based upon the number of people who are interested. (update: see below)

There are only a few tickets, and they usually are VERY good tickets, sometimes with extra perks that only the manufacturers can offer - but no promises on that. Please only respond if you'll be able to use the tickets.

* NRA 500 Sprint Cup Race
    * Up Close Look at the 2014 Chevy Silverado & 2014 Chevy Impala (exclusives just for us!)
    * Chevy Ride & Drive Event - Get to do a test drive.
    * Sara Evans Concert!

300x250_Pre-RaceShow.jpg

-- Update --

THESE ARE VERY GOOD SEATS! TOTAL VALUE FOR EACH PERSON IS ABOUT $230!!!

Just heard from GM that these are VERY GOOD seats (PU 427 - $140 each) and each one comes with the pre-race credentials ($78 value) that gives you cold pit access and "mosh pit" access to the Sara Evans concert. So each person will get two tickets that have a combined total value of over $230 after you all of the ticket fees are included. I do not have them in hand until tomorrow, but that's the information that I've been given.

-- Update 2 --

I got this from ticketco.com:

-- Update 3 --

I think there are going to be a lot of people who want these tickets, so please just respond to this thread and I'll do a random two-part drawing tomorrow. One group will be members who have been recently active on this website. That includes members who have just come back to the site after a long absence. The second group will be everyone else. (HINT: Try to make at least five or ten posts on here between now and when I do the drawing.)

-- Update 4 (Thursday Morning!) --

BREAKING NEWS ... GM just sweetened the deal and are giving us all HOSPITALITY PASSES FOR THE VILLAGE OF CHAMPIONS. That means free food and drink and hobnobbing with all of the other people who are in there as well.

** THIS MAY or MAY NOT include a special appearance by some very well known Chevrolet racers. That's all I can say about that. **

[​IMG]

WINNERS ANNOUNCED HERE:

This is the list of winners that have accepted and say they can be here on Saturday:

#1 & #2 - repley81 (he's on his way!)
    #3 & #4 - McClintoc (Will meet in the morning)
    #5 & #6 - STEPHENSON121588 (Will meet in the morning)
    #7 & #8 - Gold Z (Not responded yet!)
    #9 & #10 - ewmassey (not responded yet!)

Other picks:
    - MauryFrench had a schedule conflict at the last minute, so he put his tickets back into the pot.
    - cdvntx said the timing was just too fast so he can't make it (that's understandable)

Alternates:
    - Backroads - Alternate #1
    - drymoacke - Alternate #2
    - nathymauro - Alterate #3
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. repley81

repley81 New Member

I would love to travel to texas this weekend for a race...can I has them?
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wish I could Go Wish I could go Wish I could go.....:grrrrrr:
  4. cdvntx

cdvntx New Member

What a great deal. You guys rock
  5. STEPHENSON121588

STEPHENSON121588 New Member

I want the tickets!!

This cant be true! I live about 2 hours away but actually had plans to be about 10 mins away from the raceway this weekend!! I would love it If I could get 2 tickets for me and my fiance, never had the extra cash to make it. Thanks GMTRUCKCLUB
  6. MauryFrench

MauryFrench New Member 100 Posts

Pardon my 4 year old voice. MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!1
  7. ChevyFan

Thanks, we know. Does that mean that you want to be considered for one or two tickets? I'll wait until tomorrow to figure out who's going to get the tickets, but active members (including those who joined in August 2007 and just came back to the site and made several posts to the site recently) will get priority. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Why can't it be true? GM and Chevrolet love their truck guys and they had some extra tickets to give away so they gave old Steve a call and asked me if I knew of some guys on my site that would want them. Heck yeah I said. Check the original post in this thread as I update how I'm going to figure out who gets them. Maybe a random drawing of people who respond by a certain time tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Got it, we'll put your name into the hat. I guess I'll do a drawing tomorrow ... right now there's no way to know how many people ask for the tickets, so I'll just watch through the night and see what it ends up being by tomorrow sometime.
  8. jhonnyfivee

jhonnyfivee New Member

Haven't been but would like to attend with my son!!!!!!!
  9. a2cntryboy

a2cntryboy New Member

I'll go if nobody wants to. :)
  10. ChevyFan

Ok, I'll put your name into the ring. Nice to have a newbie on the site join in ... even better is a newbie who's signed up and maybe makes 15 posts in his first day on the site. #justsaying.