Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Fresh Body Work, Tell Me What You Think

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 1_low_rider, Apr 7, 2009.

1. 1_low_rider

1_low_rider Rockstar 100 Posts

Just got my truck back from the body shop. Had tailgate, brake lights, 3rd brake, and doors shaved. French in a tag box and a pair of LED taillights. I think it's pretty darn close to the look I was going for but I still have to shave the gas door and drip rails to complete the package. I attached a couple of before and after pics, if they didnt do right let me know.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Pretty slick, the only thing I do not care for is the small lights in the gate , man I would have some killer L.E.D.'s going on there!!!
    let em see ya

a Jett Black paint job would rock

3. 1_low_rider

Thanx!

I hear ya, I still have several things I wanna shave off the body (and add more taillilghts) but I could only spend so much money at one time. I been trying to think of a wicked paintjob to put on it so it's not just another generic single color truck running down the road.

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

They TOTALLY messed that up!

Just kidding... nice job. Looks nice and slick enough. I'm not much for the thin taillights either but it's certainly different - and different is almost always good!

Now... do you think you'll want a paint job or graphics?? You'd almost need a horizontal paint job, whatever you do... keep that low feel to it?

Keep up the good work - and keep us posted on what's being done!

5. bob13

bob13 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

WOW! It looks like very nice work! Looks hot!

6. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah dude great looking truck! you should check out www.hotridesmag.com kinda like myspace but for custom trucks :great:

7. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Actually, the more I look at it the more I'm thinking a dark graphite/green colour.

Or, splash on whatever kind of paint and get yourself one of those hottie little girlfriends that can stand by it all the time. Always makes the truck look freakin' awesome. :D

8. 1_low_rider

I keep coming back to Burnt Orange. I know it's becoming an overly used color but I saw one at a truck show last year with a carbon hood and it looked soo sweet! I know a guy that does amazing air brush work and I'm thinking about something like that??

9. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well I have some hot idea's for you on the paint, then again you might think there for s*%# but that's okay.
    Instead of burnt orange which is kind of a normal color, why not try Atomic Orange? It is the new Corvette orange, and it has a lot of metal flake to it making it scorching on the eyes.
    2nd idea, since your going to do the Cadillac front clip why not go with a genuine Cadillac color?
    Black Onyx is what I have on the bottom of my truck, it is a Cadillac OEM color it looks just black but it's not. It has a dark charcoal/black look to it, but it also has lot's of metal flake colors. purple, pink, green, blue, red.
    Here is a nice two-tone idea for you too, it's actually what I am going to do to mine eventually.
    Top color-Cadillac diamond white
    Bottom color-Black Onyx
    That way you have the total Cadillac theme going, and it would look gorgeous with tan leather interior with some nice billet interior pieces. Sorry for the rambling but something about your truck just screams Cadillac to me, good luck with whatever you choose!:great:

10. goodie

goodie Rockstar

Love it...they did a good job