Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Friendly Chevrolet Review - Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'Car Dealer Reviews' started by tbplus10, Mar 26, 2007.

1. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

We are located the opposite way from Mason. About half way between Mason and Fredricksburg.

Be sure and take some pictures of that engine before you get rid of it.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Will do. Looks like I may have some garage pictures of the fully built engine before the install.
    The guys at the dealership are making it easier to sell the Suburban, they gave me an 07 Crew cab Dually rental for the week. As much as I love my Suburban this rental truck is a pleasure to drive.

3. Pakeboy2

Pakeboy2 New Member

Show us the pics...

4. Sandy72526

Sandy72526 New Member

that is awesome---I had an annoying experience with my dealer (they were bought by a larger non-GM delearr) and after almost of a year of complaining about a noise inside the dash board, I ended up diagnosing it myself....its hard to accept that a registered nurse knows how to diagnosis a vehicle better than the trained mechanics.......but I did end up with 2 years of free routine maintenance for my vehicle.

turned out to be an airbag connection

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yikes, I do NOT work on airbags. I'd be upset as well.

6. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I don't have a garage picture of my 454 when I built it, but here is one of my Pontiac 400 that I built for my Formula.

[​IMG]

7. tbplus10

Well, had minor issues to work through with the shop, mostly around the fact they didnt install the engine originally so they covered the engine but not the R/R. Since I have to leave town Wednesday thru Sunday the next 4 weeks for work I decided to pay them to install. Didnt get any pics of the engine out of the truck, they worked fast, I'm told it'll be ready for pick-up Monday afternoon.

Gary: That 400 looks good, not to much chrome, nice old school look.

8. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sorry to hear that you had to pay for the RR.

Have been following this thread to see how it went.

Save any receipts for the RR and bring it back to the original dealer for a refund.

Hope it’s ready tomorrow.

9. tbplus10

It's a fair deal on the R/R, I bought the engine out the door and did my own install originally. The dealer doing the work is where I bought the engine, they gave me a good deal on the install this time, if I hadnt been rushed for time I'd have taken the new engine home and installed it too, I'm happy.
    Called the shop a few minutes ago they were in the process of tuning it and then a wash job. I was suprised to hear they were tuning it on a Dyno, they told me they tune all Supercharged and Turbo engines on the Dyno tho.
    If all goes well It'll be in the driveway by this afternoon.

10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Friendly Chevrolet Rocks, I love that dealership and it's great to know that a good dealer like that ... Family owned ... can do so well.