1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by nocrank, Jan 14, 2013.

1. nocrank

nocrank New Member

Hi Members. just joined. Truck put me down. need help if anyone has a solution or has experienced this.
    filled up 97 chevy 1500 4x4 pickup. ran good allday. The next morning crunk it. it warmed up 15 minutes. pulled out of driveway. i didnt get a half of block from home then it quit. wouldnt restart. had to call tow truck. Dont know if its the fuel pump which has been recently replace or something in the ingnition.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Moved to power train tech

welcome to GMTC. I would go rent a fuel pressure gauge and see what your pressure is at. As for as checking the ignition goes, you could always spray some starting fluid in the throttle body. If it starts then you know that it is a fuel delivery issue
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great: Sorry you're having trouble. Pikey's given you some good places to start.
  4. nocrank

nocrank New Member

Thanks! Pikey i will take your advise regarding fuel pressure check and starter fluid. Will let
    you know how it goes.
  5. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

welcome aboard from a Canadian Member....Brian
    p,s,....love your handle /// 'nocrank'
  6. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

These trucks are pickey when it comes to pumps, they really only like delphi but the airtex crap at a/z are junk for all cars. Also changing the pump tends to stir up crap form the sediment in the bottom of the tank. Take a long funnel and put it in the filler neck and have somebody key it ip to on and listen for the whine. Also im not sure if your year you still had to take the sender apart and change the actual pump so one of the connections inside the tank might have been loose. Let us know.