front and rear bumpers

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by philsz71, Feb 10, 2010.

1. philsz71

philsz71 New Member

Hey guys I went to my local powder coating place and they priced me at 250 thats for both bumpers and my billet grill...I am going with a gloss black....I have a couple of questions..does that sound like a pretty good price......or should i just paint them my self???Also i am blacking out my truck do you think it would look stupid if i didn't powder coat the billet or do you think it would make it pop????One more lol what is the process of painting the bumper i heard it chips really easy that why i may powder coat it.....

2. J_chevyman

J_chevyman Rockstar

blacked out

Thats a pretty good price for all that bro! I did my billet grille and the whole front myself. Cost me like $50 in materials...ive had the billet paint for like 3 months and still no chips. Im in the process of painting my truck flat black to have it all blacked out, there charging me $800 but thats for everything bumps,mirrors..whole thing. I actually found a pretty cool website to do it but I deleted right before I logged on this lol. Its mainly sanding and addinf etching primer to stick to the metal of the bumpers and the grille. Its pretty easy

3. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Thats a steel, and i would go with powdercoat !!! but i think u should go semi gloss ??

4. philsz71

philsz71 New Member

I think i may just go with the powder coat,it seems like a good deal and I think it would last alot longer, but one quick question what is etching primer?????I was checking your truck out and i like the grill alot it looks really good i think i am gonna coat that to!!!

5. philsz71

philsz71 New Member

Yea sorry I ment to say semi-gloss....But you think that is a steal????

6. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

dude that is a stal powder coat everything

7. philsz71

philsz71 New Member

Yea I am lol...next week i will take before and after pics!!!!

8. J_chevyman

J_chevyman Rockstar

re

Hell yea dude...pics as soon as u get it done!