1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

front and rear bumpers

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by philsz71, Feb 10, 2010.

1. philsz71

philsz71 New Member

Hey guys I went to my local powder coating place and they priced me at 250 thats for both bumpers and my billet grill...I am going with a gloss black....I have a couple of questions..does that sound like a pretty good price......or should i just paint them my self???Also i am blacking out my truck do you think it would look stupid if i didn't powder coat the billet or do you think it would make it pop????One more lol what is the process of painting the bumper i heard it chips really easy that why i may powder coat it.....
  2. J_chevyman

J_chevyman Rockstar

blacked out

Thats a pretty good price for all that bro! I did my billet grille and the whole front myself. Cost me like $50 in materials...ive had the billet paint for like 3 months and still no chips. Im in the process of painting my truck flat black to have it all blacked out, there charging me $800 but thats for everything bumps,mirrors..whole thing. I actually found a pretty cool website to do it but I deleted right before I logged on this lol. Its mainly sanding and addinf etching primer to stick to the metal of the bumpers and the grille. Its pretty easy
  3. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Thats a steel, and i would go with powdercoat !!! but i think u should go semi gloss ??
  4. philsz71

philsz71 New Member

I think i may just go with the powder coat,it seems like a good deal and I think it would last alot longer, but one quick question what is etching primer?????I was checking your truck out and i like the grill alot it looks really good i think i am gonna coat that to!!!
  5. philsz71

philsz71 New Member

Yea sorry I ment to say semi-gloss....But you think that is a steal????
  6. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

dude that is a stal powder coat everything
  7. philsz71

philsz71 New Member

Yea I am lol...next week i will take before and after pics!!!!
  8. J_chevyman

J_chevyman Rockstar

re

Hell yea dude...pics as soon as u get it done!