1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

front brake rotors

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by big-rig, Nov 25, 2007.

1. big-rig

big-rig New Member

has anyone here had problems with getting the old rotors off i have a 94 chevy surb 3/4 ton deisel and every store i go into and talk about these rotors no one has them. they say they are the ones but i know they are not the ones?
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

On 2wd models, the disc is part of the hub. With 4wd, the disc can be removed when the wheel and caliper have been removed. The exception is the one ton which has the disc pressed onto the hub and bearing casting. The disc must be pressed off.
  3. PepboysASETech

PepboysASETech New Member

Dually or not makes a big dif too.
  4. big-rig

big-rig New Member

i had a feeling that i had to press off the rotor from the hub i just wasnt sure i cant complain i have gotten 116.453 miles off the rotors, do you think it would be easer to undo the ball joints to get to the rear bolts holding on the hub and bearing housing or just trying to brake the 4 bolts while its on the truck?
  5. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

I'd take a crack at those bolts first, before trying to remove the ball-joints.
  6. TexasT

TexasT New Member

Is this 2wd or 4wd? The rotors are different for them on my '99 Suburban. I'm not sure they would be the same on yours but it is the same body style.

I posted some pix over here.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8818

Is this what yours look like?
    Let us know.