1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front Bumper Cover Chrome verses Paint Match

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by SliverZ71, Oct 10, 2010.

1. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 2004 Silverado and want to do something with the front bumper cover tired of the black and putting armorial on it all the time. Looking for some pictures of Chrome bumper cap and paint to match bumper cap.

:cool: Steve
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

IMO....Color Matching the front top bumper pad is the way to go,it would look Great along with other items,door handles,side mirror's etc........we have different model trucks,But here are a couple pics of my truck,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  3. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

x2 to what has been said. For the top pad colormatched is the way to go.
  4. SliverZ71

I already have the paint because I painted the bezels on the handles when I install Escalade door handles. I just wasn’t sure what it would look like with the cover on the back bumper still black. Any one have some pictures from the side? I have never see a Silverado with the Chrome Bumper cover installed and kind of curious to see one. Another question when you painted the mirrors did you have to take them apart? I have power folding signal mirrors and don’t think I would be able to take them apart with out screwing something up.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

On painting the side mirror's.....Some do not take them apart and Some do......On the back bumper pad, I'm going to painted(Color Matched).

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  6. SliverZ71

Your Truck looks very good with the front painted and the back left black.
    I will more than likely do the same with mine. I had to take the whole front grill off when I installed the Carriage Works cut out grill so I will probably remove it again and then sand down the front bumper cover to make it smooth.

7. 99'HEARTBEAT

When you color match the front.....post up some Pictures.....:glasses:
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  8. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

ive been looking into it too, but with my 2-tone idk how it would look and i think that those chromed bumper caps will go to **** in a hurry since its abs and you would think that flexing it during installation would wrinkle the chrome.....

wish there were some photoshop people on here
  9. SliverZ71

I will post some Pictures when I am done painting. I was going to post some of the new grill but having some trouble re-sizing them.

Steve
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How many people on here have painted their chrome bumpers?

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Hey [MENTION=38017]silverZ71[/MENTION], did you end up doing this (can't remember) and do you have pics?

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

... another example of photos hosted on photobucket being taken down and leaving us with no photos. (cough [MENTION=25593]99'HEARTBEAT[/MENTION])