1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front bumper damage on 2008 silverado. Advice needed

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by image0r, Jun 26, 2010.

1. image0r

image0r New Member

I know this may not be the right place but i thought i'd go ahead and try. I am trying to get my front bumper repaired on my 2008 silverado. I can either go through my insurance which is a 1,000 deductable or bring it to a body shop. Just eyeballing it can someone "guestimate" how much something like this would run for repair? I have NO paint damage. Infact the only damage seems to be the stainless portion fo the bumper as well as the plastic piece that houses my front tow hooks.

[​IMG]
  2. grrr...

grrr... New Member

The picture doesn't work and where are you located?
  3. image0r

image0r New Member

I am located in Houston TX. I think i need the replace the chrome bumper piece as well as the plastic piece where the tow hooks and license plate are located. I've looked on a few websites for the parts, and it's crazy expensive already just for the parts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. grrr...

grrr... New Member

You should be able to hit the plastic piece just above the tow hook and that should go back in, won't be very noticeable. As far as the chrome piece, you have 2 options, you can remove it and beat it out from the back and get it closer to stock looking, mind you it will still be noticeable, but not as bad. Or you can buy another chrome piece from www.GMpartsclub.com. Good Luck.
  5. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member 1000 Posts

grrr is right, I dented my bumper also. I bought a new one from gmpartsdirect and replaced it myself. My original was chrome and since I was looking to black my truck out I purchased a black bumper (for the WT model) and had it re-powder coated for a better shinier finish. Install was somewhat of a pain, but a lot cheaper than a body shop.
  6. sweetjones04

sweetjones04 New Member

Im in the same situation as of this afternoon.

Attached Files: