front bumper hangs

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by qwestman, Jun 8, 2010.

1. qwestman

qwestman New Member

not sure if you can tell by the pic in my sig but I noticed the other day that my front bumper looks like it is hanging on the sides. I inspected it and nothing looks bent and all the plastic looks like it fits together as it should. I'm not to worried about but I noticed some bumpers of this body style are straight and others are hanging down like mine even though they are the same year. Anybody have any insight on this?
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  2. zachmilz

zachmilz New Member

Mine hangs, too. I don't know why, but I'd like to know if there's a fix to this.
  3. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

Is there any movement available in the bumper brackets???
  4. Slim-Rob

Slim-Rob New Member

back when my dad had a NBS his front bumper bolts got real loose, and we had to tighten the bolts up. have u checked all ur bolts?
  5. zachmilz

zachmilz New Member

I have a 2005 and my bumper hangs where the top black plastic piece meets the metal of the truck on either side.
  6. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

That could be the bolt holes not being quite alighned right... My 2006 had the same problem and when it got a "little" hail damage i had the body shop take a look at it and it was straight when i got it back.. Didnt even notice it for a couple of weeks because i wasnt paying attention... Hence why i ask mabey if there are holes in the bracket to "adjust" the front end a bit??
  7. Jimbo3

Jimbo3 New Member

I had this happen to my 06 passenger side... If you loosen the side bumper brackets, you can push it back up, and re-tighten, but make sure you crank them down tight.