Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Front Bumper NNBS

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by conroe, Mar 13, 2012.

1. conroe

conroe Member

This question is on the new body style front bumpers. The lower section were the tow hooks are. I have seen grills on ebay that go in this
    area. What I am looking for is a solid panel that will give this area a smooth appearence. I want it to set flush with the rest of the cover.
    Anyone seen where this can be had. Jerry

2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have not seen and aftermarket part like your describing. What year is the truck?

3. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

If you are just looking for a solid piece maybe you can go down to a metal shop and they can fit one in for you.

4. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I have a friend who did this. Remove the tow hooks, go to a metal shop just as [MENTION=53354]AMac[/MENTION] says, and then weld it in on the back side...then just install the grill inserts...unless you're talking about somehow attaching the grill inserts to the metal.

5. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have seen them on the Denali's but never on a Silverado. You could make them as suggested before and just zip srew them in.

6. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I know stylintrucks.com and autoanything.com have several inserts for that area. I'm not sure if they have anything like what you're looking for. You've probably already checked. Like others have said, there's always the fabrication route. I doubt it'd be a difficult job. You'd just have to see what it'd set you back.