1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front differential interchange question

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by johnnyt5646, Apr 7, 2013.

1. johnnyt5646

johnnyt5646 New Member

does anybody know if i can put a NNBS (2007-present) front differential assembly in a nbs (2004 to be exact). I need to replace my carrier bearings and just want to have the shortest downtime and really not interested in rebuilding it. I found a NNBS front diff assembly with 24 miles on it for $500. so i need to know if the whole assembly case and all is interchangeable. Thanks in advance.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

I don't know if they are interchangeable, but before you go too far, make sure the gear ratio is the same for both diffs.
  3. johnnyt5646

johnnyt5646 New Member

i have checked that. the gear ratio is the same
  4. dpeter

dpeter Member

I can't tell you but the local salvage yard may be able to. The Pick-A-Part here in Indy gave me a list of all the different years and models that had the same axle I was looking for the last time I went looking. I have not been so successful in getting any of them to share their interchange info without paying.