1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Front differential thrust washer

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by ippielb, Nov 4, 2011.

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

So, in the process of re-gearing my truck to 4.56, and i seemed to have lost my thrust washer on the passenger side axle flange. I have the locating washer, just not the thrust washer.
    [​IMG]

Thrust washer is the top washer.

My question is, i cannot find the thrust washer on any schematics online. Why is this? Did some come with one and some not?

Thanks

2. milebryc

milebryc New Member

Thrust Washer

Did you ever figure the thrust washer dilemma out? It's been a couple of years, I tore into my 2002 Sierra and I do not have the thicker thrust washer & the lower with the two flanges was damaged inside my passenger side axle. I went to GM dealer today they told me that the flanged washer had a lot of problems so they have revised it to only 1 piece. Once I get the part from the dealer I will take a picture of it for future reference for everyone.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You may not get an answer for a while -- as [MENTION=23623]ippielb[/MENTION]'s last login was 2/22/2013.

4. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I did actually get a new thrust washer from wrecker and put it in. Hasn't given me any problems.