Front end noise

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Als09Sierra, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm getting a ticking noise from the front end, sounds like it's coming from the driver-side wheel well when I have the steering wheel turned to the right. It speeds up with speed, so I think it's something on the wheel. No noise when driving straight or turning to the left. It also looks like I might have a leak. There's fluid on the lower A arm, but nothing obvious. Anyone have any ideas? I haven't had a chance to get under the truck and look at it. I checked the power steering fluid and brake fluid and both look full. No other symptoms except a sound of the power steering noise at full lock. I plan to take it to a shop this weekend to have it checked out if I can't diagnose the problem.

2. donl

donl Rockstar 100 Posts

CV joint maybe?

3. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I was thinking a front sway bar link/bushings??

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I would look at the CV joints

5. Als09Sierra

Thanks guys. I'll check it out.

6. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Als09Sierra,
    Were the CV joints the perpetrators? I saw earlier in the thread that you were also considering bringing your truck to a shop - is this a GM dealership or non-GM establishment? We only ask to offer our assistance should you feel you need us to follow up on anything.

Regards,
    Sarah (Assisting Jennifer)
    GM Customer Care

7. Als09Sierra

Thanks Sarah. The GM dealer closest to me is 30 mins away, so if I decide to take it to the shop, I'll be going to a non-GM garage. I think I'm going to replace it myself. I just need to climb underneath the truck this weekend and verify that it's the CV joint.

8. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Als09Sierra,

That is completely understandable. Please know if you do need our assistance, all you have to do is private message us.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care

9. Als09Sierra

Thanks to you and [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION], I was able to get the part and swap it out today. Just like that noise gone.

Thanks guys.

10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Was it the CV?